Get ready New York: I’m headed your way for the #BlogHER Experts Among Us 2015 conference! And I couldn’t be more excited. All of the keynote speakers are on point this year (From Gwenyth Paltrow (of GOOP fame) to the inspiring ladies behind #BlackLivesMatter), and the sessions throughout the day look equally as relevant. I love SheKnows Media (I’m not biased, I swear, even though I do write a column for them…), and am so appreciative that they are pulling together such an amazing community of female writers and thinkers, from across the world, to share residence at the Midtown Hilton for three days.
Things that I can’t wait for:
- A Thursday evening keynote panel, featuring the women behind #womenslives and #blacklivesmatter. I can’t think of a better way to set the tone of the conference.
- Starting Friday morning off with a double yoga session.
- Eating breakfast while engaging with a panel of journalist super-star Soledad O’Brien, Girl Scouts CEO Anna Maria Chavez, and SkeKnows Media Chief Revenue Officer Samantha Skey.
- Friday afternoon’s keynote: Gwenyth Paltrow, of GOOP fame, talking about navigating the work/life balance, running a business, and the importance of speaking your mind. (Eeee).
- Saturday morning: a panel co-led by Goodshop’s co-founder J.J. Ramberg, called The Pitch. A SheKnows media initiative, The Pitch is an attempt to help women get their big ideas of the ground, by giving them a 60 second platform to present an amazing idea that they have. J.J.’s pitch for Goodshop launched 3 weeks ago, and has been inspiring multitudes of other women to do the same. I can’t wait to watch her rock out on a panel of female judges, giving advice to the six entrepreneurial women who will have the opportunity to deliver their own pitches to the crowd. Go JJ!
- Two days full of break-out sessions, hatch labs, writing workshops, and, of course, writerly mingling!
Follow me while I live-tweet all the awesomeness (from @goodsearch), and let me know if there are any particular issues you want me to learn more about, or people you would like me to meet. And, more importantly, if you’ll be there as well. (Tweet at me — I’m flying solo this year, and can’t wait to meet!)